Thread: Rohan
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #14
mysteryman3
Newly Deceased

mysteryman3 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
Otherwise, think of something original to write. Because, chances are, your plot has already been written ten times over.
I never said that my story wasn't original, and I highly doubt that even one other fan-fiction writer came up with the same ideas as myself. Despite what you and many other people may think of me, I can assure you that I am not a simple fan-fiction writer, and I do have considerable skill as a writer. I am wincing at the fact that I sound boastful, but I do feel that I need to convince you that I am not simply another Tolkien wannabe.

My story is entirely original, using only the verified facts of Tolkien's universe and my own original ideas. The story both develops and expands upon unfinished concepts which Tolkien includes in his own published works, not least among them being vampires and werewolves. The Necromancer, for example, becomes a vampire or a similar creature according to the Silmarilion (I do apologise if that is incorrect as I have personally never read the Silmarilion). In addition, much of the story takes place in the far far east, which has so far been overlooked in the way of physical details.

In short, the purpose of my first attempt (18 months ago) to write a sequel was based on the desire to continue a finished and completed story. Obviously this was doomed to fail no matter how far I got. This time, the aim for writing a sequel is to look more closely at the creatures which have been excluded (for the most part) from the major published works. Very little has been written about them and I'm trying to tell their tale.

However, thank you for the advice on where to post my story, and despite my post, I do take on board all criticism, judgement, encouragement, and advice (just as every writer does whether they try to or not). As the published action author Matthew Reilly is fond of saying - "To anyone who knows a writer, never underestimate the power of your encouragement."
mysteryman3 is offline   Reply With Quote