View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #180
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

The Game Within the Game

Every year the Phantasy Competition is nearly as exciting as the play on the field, and this year is no exception. Here’s what the competitors had to say when we asked them for a brief quote.

Boro: In the upper ranks again, though too far back for my liking. If only my pre-tourney predictions would hit, maybe I could close the gap.
Eomer: I don’t know why I’m not allowed to field a team made entirely of Wargs. I’ll be appealing this.
Eonwe: TIG wouldn’t have been eliminated so early if SteveWight had been on the team. Just saying…
Galadriel: Only my second year, and I’m within easy striking distance of Eomer and Kuru. I’ll be finishing in the top half this year, and next year- winner.
Gwath: They’re going to have to seriously consider naming the Phantasy Championship “The Gwath Award”.
Inzil: Not going quite as planned, but at least I’m beating that blasted Legate.
Kuru: Whew- these several-week Phantasy contests aren’t exactly in my wheel-house. We Dwarves are natural sprinters, you see.
Legate: This noob is two up from the bottom and I’m about to pass that annoying Inzil. Watch out next year, because I’m seriously getting the hang of this.
McCaber: This is like golf, yes? Lowest score wins?
Morm: I maintain my faith in my squad members, whether they’ve been eliminated or not. That’s the sort of chap I am!
Nerwen: Curse those Cupkicks! I’m supposed to be the girl that challenges the boys every year!
Nilp: Gwath is a baby gazelle, and I’m a lion. I think we know what’s going to happen in this chase.
Nog: How can I continually come so close and not take the top?! Grrr… I’m getting there no matter what it takes!
Sally: Look at me way up here, hee hee. Poor little Boro and Shasta are going to be so annoyed when I beat them.
Shasta: Sally said what?! Oh, it is ON! I’m passing her up.