View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumriken View Post
I imagine Gandalf would change his form into a younger more energetic form. He loved hobbits, and it wouldn't suprise me if he took the form of a hobbit, just like Aule did when he settled in the old forest.
I don't know that I buy Bombadil as Aulë, but that's another thread.

It seems to me much more likely that Gandalf would have appeared, to the hobbits at least, just as he did in Middle-earth.
If he indeed, as I think, wasn't bound to any particular form and could change at will, why not keep on the "clothing" with which his friends were familiar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumriken View Post
Radagast was probably allowed back, Bombadil and Tom are most likely Valar and so they could do as they pleased. Shelob was just a spider...xD
I haven't the time for searching at the moment, but I recall a very good thread here about the fate of Radagast in the not too distant past. If I think of it later, I'll edit it in here.
Basically, Radagast, to my mind, failed in his primary task, since it was said the ultimate mission of the Istari was to rally Middle-earth against Sauron. Radagast instead got caught up in flora and fauna. He was probably allowed back to the West eventually (if he even wanted to return, that is).