View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 12:54 AM   #211
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Sure. What I was bothered by was your use of the word "assuming" in a context where we don't need to assume anything because we know
You're leaving out my use of the word "obviously", so yes, this is a stretch. However, I feel like this is just turning into an unneeded grammar lesson.

Quote:
So we end up toDay with Cop, Shasta and the two players Cop considers most likely to vote Shasta. Isn't that an amazing coincidence?
So you're saying a Copwolf considered Sally more likely than G55 to vote for me? I'll have to go back and look at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Wouldn't it be hilarious if it was me?
Well, it would certainly explain the stench.

Quote:
His jab at Dun here feels to me like a Wolfsicle playing ball with his mate. "That's not how the game is supposed to be played" strikes me as an in-joke between wolves.
I said that in reference to me saying "I could vote you because I don't like you" in reference to Inzil saying "I could vote for Shasta for... being Shasta." It's pretty well documented that Inzil and I tend to have a cordial, but acrimonious relationship when playing WW.

Quote:
Now his #131....that's an interesting one. He says, flat out, that tying the vote would be silly.
And it would have been silly. If you're going to use that remark as a reason to suspect me, then you've got to go all the way with it -
Quote:
I briefly considered being a dadaist and voting Sally or myself, but not seriously, as both would be stupid.

Quote:
In his #165 he actually replies to me asking him to tell me he's not a wolf. I....am not entirely sure an innocent Shasta would bother to reply to that statement.
I always think you're important enough to respond to, dearie. *winks*

Quote:
The start of his last vote post (and it will be his last, regardless) is not remotely funny at this stage of the game. I am actually waiting for the wolf to somehow manage to get me lynched, because I'm still not sure why I'm alive. He makes a fairly decent point about the convenience of who's left, except he's wrong (at least based on the information Cop would have had last Night): I had said I didn't want to vote Shasta.
This goes back to what I said about Pitch above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop
I don't see your logic for how not killing you would benefit me greatly. If I had been a wolf, I would certainly not have killed G55. Why would I kill someone who was extremely unlikely to vote for me, in order to try to persuade you, who I know next to nothing about and have hardly spoken to in this game, not to vote for me? Makes no sense. Nay, Sally, your suggestion that a hypothetical wolf-me would do such a thing, where there would be no gain in it for me, is a grievous insult.
The thing about defenses like this is that they are, while very well written, ultimately meaningless. You can say "as a wolf, I would have/would not have done X", but there's no way for the rest of us to know that. Even moreso since this is your first game with us, which means we've never seen you work as a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop
There is no way that the wolf would have killed whichever out of Pitch or Shasta is innocent. G55 and I were reasonably sure of each other's innocence and would without a doubt have voted for the one remaining. At very best, they could have tried persuading Sally into making the vote a tie. Not sensible.
I don't not buy this, necessarily, but I think you're being far too general with your "without a doubt". Unless you're the Seer (you're not), it's never wise to be 100% sure about anyone's innocence or guilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop
There is absolutely no way any wolf with half a brain would have killed me last Night. The wolf's best strategy would be to increase the number of genuine suspects from 2 to 3. That means going after either me or G55, and nobody had any real suspicions of G55.
No it doesn't. If the wolf's best strategy is to increase the number of suspects from two to three, then that means going after Sally, the known innocent player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop
Shasta wrote only one analysis yesterDay, and that was of me, and could have implied that he would like to have voted for me but thought it would be wasted.
Haha, I thought I flat-out said that. Through my analysis of you yesterday, you came up as suspicious to me. And honestly, nothing that's happened yet has done anything to decrease that, but Pitch's early vote and flip-flop on you, in relation to my stance from yesterday (and the fact that his early vote hasn't been jumped on yet, even though everyone has posted) make me hesitate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop
(b) could have thought that there's enough of a possibility of the other one suspecting me that they could use the confusion to their benefit.
This, if we do have a Pitchwolf, is something I could agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop
Probable situation if Sally had been killed:
One near-guaranteed vote Shasta from me.
A probable Shasta vote from Pitchwife
A probable Pitchwife vote from Shasta?
An vote for either Shasta or Pitch from G55 (who yesterDay found Pitch the more suspicious of the two).
Yesterday, I was more suspicious of you than I was of Pitch.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote