View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
My point, G55, is that CGI is just another way of doing special effects– one that can be used, or misused, like any other. Hollywood's reliance on spectacle didn't exactly start with computers.

As for your brother– he just sounds like a typical kid, of the sort who wouldn't have had time for the more intellectual type of film, in any era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallanite
Since I have been able to read I have come across articles claiming that films in general are going down the tubes and usually providing examples of supposedly tremendous films from the good old days. Now I am old enough to see some of these people listing a examples of the good old days the exact same films that previous writers listed as examples of how bad things have gotten.
It doesn't stop with films, now– you'd be surprised how many people reminisce about early computer games as masterpieces of purity and integrity, before everything was "ruined" by modern graphics.