View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #3800
malickfan
Pile O'Bones

malickfan has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Hi everyone just joined the forum after several months of nosy lurking. Having been introduced to Tolkien through Peter Jackson's LOTR film's I've gradually grown into something of a Tolkien Obssesive (i.e Tolkien Nerd)-I'm currently working my way through the H.O.M.E whilst re-reading The Hobbit and The Children of Hurin. I can't wait for The Hobbit Films (though I'm a bit unsure about three films-I can see why three was needed-otherwise Dol Goldur, Smaug and BOFA would overstuff the second film, but all the same its a little worrying...)

Once I came across this great community I knew it would only be a matter of time before I joined.

For The record my Favourite Tolkien Character is Cirdan The Shipwright and my favourite book being The Silmarillion (which I have no interest in seeing a film of)

One question though-

Are we allowed to post links to our own blogs or wesbites if they are Tolkien related?

I have written a long essay on Cirdan the Shipwright for my Blog and was planning on using the link as a way to kickstart a discussion about the mysterious (and personal favourite) character, but as it is a personal wesbite and cites numerous references and extracts from Tolkien's books, I was unsure whether this intrudes on copyright or privacy laws set by the website.

In anycase...great wesbite and I look forward to being a regular contributor!
malickfan is offline   Reply With Quote