View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #101
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I don't really care for Cop's reason for suspecting G55, and I'm not sure I understand her reason for Inzil. Mind explaining, Cop?
My suspicion of G55 or my suspicion for Inzil, or both?

I explained both of those here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
People I'm currently considering voting for:

G55 the Reindeer. Well. I wasn't entirely joking when I suggested that we examined the "Christmas cheer" statements from people. I wondered above whether a Christmas-hating wolf would suggest a snow monument for Suzy Snowflake, and actually, reflecting on that, I think one might. Yes, I know this is super flimsy reasoning. Right now I'm not getting any feelings of "G55 is innocent" from her comments.

Inzil the Snowman. I feel uneasy about Inzil's comments, but I can't put my finger on why, and don't want to make a mistake. He suggested that analysing things too much at this point could be damaging, which is true, especially for the Boro-Nerwen-Lommy thing he was talking about. But we have to analyse based on what we have in front of us, or not at all, so there's no choice. Maybe it was his suggestion that it would harm the Christmas spirit that's bothering me.
As you see, it's not a lot to go by. At the time, looking at G55's comments, she also seemed to not be saying a lot of substance. I found that later on, her comments had more substance to them. I also found that her reasoning on her gut-feeling suspicion list was reasonable, which...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
The reason I'm not planning on voting for the other person I suspect right now, G55, is because I like her gut feeling list of suspicions and think it might be from the thought process of an innocent. She's also posted with further analysis.
So my suspicion of G55 lessened a bit.

Inzil's posts made me feel suspicious and didn't appear to say much. Since the point I said I intended to vote for him, he's been fairly hard to read and hasn't done anything to change my opinion much. At the very least, voting for the person I suspected the most at the time has allowed me to look at the behaviour of people who have posted afterwards. Better to vote then and allow time for discussion. I hate it when voting comes down to the last minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I'm a little more bothered by this - it's almost as if Cop has locked herself into only considering two people to vote, and isn't really at pains to choose one from the other. It strikes me a bit as someone who doesn't really care too much about their vote.
I don't understand your thought process there. Those were the two people I suspected the most, and then one of them did something to make me suspect her less, so I voted for the other one. Why would that make my vote one that I don't care about? I would hate to cast a random vote, which is why I voted for the person I suspected the most.

Edit: cross-posted with Shasta, Boro and B55.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote