View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 04:57 AM   #152
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Happy Christmas, everyone! I've been having a great day. I'm going to respond to a couple of things people were saying to/about me and then I'm going to settle down and look at the voting record from yesterDay, go over the people I missed covering in my earlier post toDay, think about toDay so far, and try to catch us a wolf. I'm not sure how far I'll get with that before I go to sleep, but I'll make sure to do that when I wake up if not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
In answer to Coppermirror, my top suspect nearing DL yesterDay was you, for what looked like opportunistic voting in you following Lommy. I didn't recall you thinking me particularly suspicious before that time, and it looked dodgy.
Oh, I get it then. So, it's not just the fact I voted for you but that I didn't plainly mention a suspicion of you before she cast her vote for you. That's fair enough considering how little there was to by for anyone yesterDay. Although since Lommy was the first voter and few people at that point had put down any serious suspicion of anyone, that reasoning would have risked anyone making a second vote for you looking dodgy.

I don't know if you're still suspicious of me on those grounds, but in case you are, there's something which might be able to set your mind at rest. Note that when I first stated that I suspected you, my reasoning was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
Inzil the Snowman. I feel uneasy about Inzil's comments, but I can't put my finger on why, and don't want to make a mistake. He suggested that analysing things too much at this point could be damaging, which is true, especially for the Boro-Nerwen-Lommy thing he was talking about. But we have to analyse based on what we have in front of us, or not at all, so there's no choice. Maybe it was his suggestion that it would harm the Christmas spirit that's bothering me.
That follows on in reasoning from a post I made before Lommy cast her vote, where my comment about you was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
Zil - Frosty: Thinks that speculation based on nothing will only harm us and those of us who are in the Christmas spirit. I am very much a Christmas Spirit, so I sympathise with his views. But even so, we must analyse things. It's the weighing up of value that we must use our Christmas cheer for.
^ It should be possible for you to see my thought process there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
An even better point in the same post is Cop pointing out the possibility of a gifted Nerwen, though that seemed rather out of the question even before Boro was revealed to be innocent; Nerwen has always struck me as more smooth than that. Covering all the bases seems fair, but I generally don't like the idea of "oh, I think [living player] might be giving seer hints" being said out loud. I'm not ready to lynch Cop based just on this, but I don't like it either.
Basically, I considered whether what Nerwen said in that post could have been a potential Seer hint and decided it wasn't, but that it might be a wolf or cobbler trying to make themselves look that way. Because I'd decided it wasn't likely to be a genuine Seer hint, I didn't worry about saying so. See, the rest of what I was going on to say was that Nerwen's statement could have been "a wolf or Cobbler trying to look a little Seer-ish". The possibility of what she said being a Seer looking Seer-ish would have been implicit in that, even if I hadn't said I'd considered it (and decided it couldn't be).

I do find it a bit perturbing that anyone took that as actual speculation seeking out the Seer/a hint for wolves. I was aware that there's a taboo for obvious reasons on mentioning Seer-hints one thinks one's found, but didn't realise that it went as far as mentioning things that have been considered and basically discarded as a possibility (but which are still relevant to the discussion), to the point where people would rephrase that as "oh, I think [living player] might be giving seer hints" as you just have and which Nerwen did before (as "Hey, wolves, look what I found!"). I would find that sort of rephrasing suspicious of itself, but a few more people seemed to think the point was fair. Looks as if I've misjudged the level of paranoia for that element of the game.

And now I've finished writing this, there isn't time for the more productive stuff I'd hoped to cover. I'll have to do that in the morning.

Hope everyone's been having a great time!
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote