View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #160
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I am fine with somebody writing a post overNight when they know they e.g. are not going to have time to write in the Morning, even though of course we could debate how fishy is that since anyway, nobody except for Wolves knows who is going to die (thus how the mechanics of the game will look in the morning), and, perhaps more importantly, nobody except Wolves knows whether they are going to survive till morning - so what if it's a waste of time, huh? Of course, it can be only a nice brain exercise - but more importantly, I am not sure if I'm buying what Cop did, apparently making a point of having a pre-prepared post and showing off to us all that it contains the pre-made line "oh, poor Boro and [name]". Sort of looks to me like something a Wolf could do as "look everyone, here's a proof I didn't know who was going to die toNight, and I am proving it by showing you that in my draft, there is a blank spot I intended to fill in after the narration has been posted". I think an innocent could have pretty well just deleted the second name from the sentence after finding out that no [name] died, but this looks to me like intentional effort of trying to prove one's innocence.
It's totally normal for me to write posts in advance of the Day beginning, if one can call things normal based upon only three games. For example, if you check the first game I played, where I was an ordo (relevant post here: http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...7&postcount=67) you'll see that I used a pre-prepared post on Day 2 then, although that time I did have the time to edit it. I wrote that one even though I thought there were 50% odds I'd be the one killed overNight.

I would actually have had to do more editing than just deleting the name from the sentence there. The surrounding lines would have had to be re-written too ("What a tragedy! I'm terrified" doesn't fit at all when the Ranger's just made a great save, does it? And so forth...), and on the evening of Christmas Eve with a heck of a lot still to do, I was relieved that because of the Ranger-save I could slap an unabridged on my prepared post and go away ASAP without checking through it and making alterations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Cop, the Modess has kindly extended the Day for another day. You don't have to worry about voting.
Yes! Thank you, Loslote-Modess. That means I can take my time.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote