View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #224
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Day 2

Cop at #117. I have no issues with the fact that she apparently wrote up a post overNight; as I recall, she's done that before. I have a slight issue with this -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop
A pity that we lost Boro. Given our odds, it was quite likely that we'd lose an innocent yesterDay, so we can at least be happy that we lost an ordo rather than a gifted. But it really sucks, because Boro looked innocent and was being useful. He was actively participating and even suggesting new ways for people to discuss things.
- not that she thinks it's a "pity we lost Boro, but that she thinks "Boro looked innocent". This sentence has a bit of subtle... I don't know, call it "distancing", call it "crocodile tears". Something. Almost like a reprimand. "How could you have lynched Boro, he was obviously innocent", et cetera.

I do feel she has a point about McCaber here -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop
Something that jumps out at me is that McCaber Tim has been very quiet for someone who decided to vote for someone based on a lack of posting and contributions. McCaber, why didn't you offer any analysis towards the end of the Day? You suggested “Maybe we should look for someone saying "I'm the Cobbler wolves please don't kill me" but you offered very little of substance at all, aside from that, and in fact most of your posts were about how you were going to vote for somebody quiet. I find it suspicious.
- I tend to agree with this, and I think I'll probably make McCaber someone I look at today.

McCaber at #118. Typically concise post, tags Sally and Eonwe together as possible packmates and raises a question about G55 -
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
Going just off voting records, G55 is looking rather suspicious throwing in a meaningless vote for someone which no chance of getting lynched, which is usually a good way for a wolfpack to not look united.
Was this ever responded to? I feel like this is a good point.

Eonwe at #120 stands out as being the most jumpy person thus far -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
Shouldn't you also be considering Zil? He also had two votes by then.
In response to McCaber.
Quote:
She could have potentially got Legate lynched if Zil and Shasta had been on board.
In response to the point about G55's vote.
Quote:
Isn't it bad form to make such a comment?
In response to McCaber mentioning he only realized the game started three hours before deadline. So, he defends G55 and himself here rather quickly, considering, and does a bit of strawmanning on the person bringing up the points. Hmm. I may move Eonwe up my suspicion list, depending on how I feel about G55 after this post is through.

G55 at #122 - the infamous "nightkill" post. While I tend to be all for whatever analysis a player cares to make, I have to agree with Inzil that I don't see much point in speculating about the target of a nightkill that didn't happen. I believe Inzil said something about unhelpful helpfulness... Oh dear, I'm agreeing with Inzil again.

Sally at #125 makes her first serious post of the game. She appears to suspect Legate, Inzil, Cop, and possibly Eonwe, if I'm reading her post correctly. I'd be interested in knowing where she's at on these four now.

Morsul at #128 -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
So vte based on her participation looks odd to me safe Sally won't be lynched but not contributing to the innocent Boro lynch
- continuing a line of thought where he suspects McCaber (and Inzil, but only for his suspicion of Cop, apparently.) I don't really understand this - do you have a reason to believe McCaber would not want to lynch Sally?

Clarification here -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Voting you ver BORO also allowed McCab to not be part of the innocent's lynch putting him less in the sptlight.
Still, there were much better options for a "safe vote" considering Sally's precarious position in the lynch order yesterDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop
Basically, I considered whether what Nerwen said in that post could have been a potential Seer hint and decided it wasn't, but that it might be a wolf or cobbler trying to make themselves look that way. Because I'd decided it wasn't likely to be a genuine Seer hint, I didn't worry about saying so. See, the rest of what I was going on to say was that Nerwen's statement could have been "a wolf or Cobbler trying to look a little Seer-ish". The possibility of what she said being a Seer looking Seer-ish would have been implicit in that, even if I hadn't said I'd considered it (and decided it couldn't be).

I do find it a bit perturbing that anyone took that as actual speculation seeking out the Seer/a hint for wolves. I was aware that there's a taboo for obvious reasons on mentioning Seer-hints one thinks one's found, but didn't realise that it went as far as mentioning things that have been considered and basically discarded as a possibility (but which are still relevant to the discussion), to the point where people would rephrase that as "oh, I think [living player] might be giving seer hints" as you just have and which Nerwen did before (as "Hey, wolves, look what I found!"). I would find that sort of rephrasing suspicious of itself, but a few more people seemed to think the point was fair. Looks as if I've misjudged the level of paranoia for that element of the game.
A good rule of thumb is just to never mention Seer hints until absolutely necessary. Mostly because it's hard to say that something is not a Seer hint, considering the inventiveness of past Seers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Have a sugar-plum, my dear, and let me explain something. You may not think we of Fairyland know very much about footwear manufacture– but please remember the Shoemaker and the Elves.
Most amusing post of the game thus far, my heart.

Legate at #156 explains his vote for Boro and suspicion of Cop. I'm fine with the explanation for Boro, but his suspicion of Cop falls flat for reasons I think I've already mentioned (how Cop types up posts during Night no matter her role).

Cop at #157 - yes, I crossed with Inzil when I voted. Thinks about a Legate/Eonwe pack, finds possibility unlikely.

I'm going to cut this post off here so people at least get a chance to read it before DL. I'll finish it tomorrow if I'm alive.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote