View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have to admit that I haven't done a thorough reread since forever ago. I mostly use the books as references now, and that means I open them to the page of the durrent discussion topic. But there are some parts that I would reread just for the sake of it.

I never reread the Appendices fully. I mostly reread the half-a-page dedicated to Thorongil, and sometimes an odd story or two. The Pelennor Fields is a chapter I love to read. At one point I used to be quite taken with the Faramir chapters and the Houses of Healing. From TH, I love to go over Bilbo's little chat with Smaug, as well as Thorin's death.

The Sil, I suppose, is easier to read in parts, like Zil said. I usually open it to read about a death or two of one of the many heroes in one of the many stories.

Now the one book that I try to read fully instead of in bits is the Children of Hurin. I do read the especially epic parts by themselves, but it's just stronger when you read it all as one.