View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #36
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhod the Red View Post
It may not be a rule here, but like the rules you sometimes see like 'Don't roll eyes' it can be seen as unfair, or bullying, whatever phrase you want to use, to respond in an online forum with facts, especially a lot of facts. It doesn't matter if the post is 100% true, you're being unfair to the other poster.
What on earth? Using facts is bullying, and unfair...? I'm pretty sure everyone here has access to the Silm and thus to the same facts, and I don't think I'm wrong in believing most of us here appreciate informative, well researched posts! I don't know what these other forums you refer to are, but they certainly sound lovely.

On topic, I'm actually a bit torn about Radagast. I was put off by his costume and lack of dignity at first, but then it started to seem appropriate: he has become immersed in the natural world, and is thus not disgusted by its messiness. Like someone else mentioned, a shepherd becoming like his sheep, or an ent becoming treeish. It looks like an altered state of consciousness, psychedelic mushrooms aside; there is something zen about him.

"certainly the sparrow has Buddha nature. Indeed it is very intelligent; it knows that Buddha is very compassionate, that is why it left its droppings on the head of the Buddha instead of leaving it on the head of a hawk! "

"Also, Buddhist monks used the droppings to polish and clean their bald scalps."

Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote