View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #28
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
Given that Tauriel is the only female character in the Hobbit movies - apart from Galadriel, but you know, it seems that Gandalf has dibs on her, as Celeborn finds out in LotR "Tell me where is Gandalf, for I much desire to speak with him" -
Okay, that gave me the best laugh I've had all day. HAR.

While I'm generally very positive about these films, this business with Tauriel does make me uneasy. PJ doesn't write that Action Girl type of character very well, if nothing else. Having a romantic angle with Kili, however, would make it much worse, as it would cheapen both Gimli's infatuation with Galadriel and his friendship with Legolas. Really, the only somewhat good way that dynamic could be played is if it's a one-off thing of Kili mooning over the pretty elf lady, with Fili and Bofur (and maybe Nori?) heckling him about it mercilessly afterward. They'd be speaking for the audience, really.

Considering that the Tauriel character seems to be being phased out of the series merch, we might not have too much to worry about ultimately, though. I hope. *crosses fingers*