View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 05:26 AM   #20
Zigūr
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Zigūr is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Zigūr is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
Simple. Money hungry companies don't really care if it was written by a the best author and if they destroy it's lore.
But I already mentioned that the profit motive is why companies would want to do it. My question was why fans would want it. You yourself said you hope they make sequels. Would you really want that even though there are no events following The Lord of the Rings left to adapt without enormous amounts of pure invention?

I actually once read a fan-made supplement for Games Workshop's The Lord of the Rings tabletop game which took the "Blue Wizards turned evil" concept to embellish Aragorn's conflicts with the Easterlings in the Fourth Age - probably the most sensible sequel idea I've ever read, but then again fan fiction doesn't interest me (as I recently told someone who claimed that as a Tolkien afficionado I must have read some unlicensed Russian publication that characterised the villains as misunderstood or some such thing).