View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #1353
Ardent
Wight

Ardent has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
"Dwarrow", then?
Yes, it only appears in the name "Dwarrowdelf" in the books. I read somewhere that JRR considerd the term because he didn't like the depiction of dwarves in Disney's Snow White.
You got the password (in bold letters), but Pervinca got the last clue so I don't know who gets to do the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post

To stride Shire-ward, when it's all over, for a Feanorian title.

March is kind of formal for hike, and Westmarch kind of fits some of the clue, as the Shire is in the (north)-west. I suppose they march back west when it's all over, albeit on ponies. But I don't know where the Feanorian title would come in. It's part of the title of a book, and Feanor devised a very important set of characters, but ... unless it could be something to do with the First Age elves who went west to Valinor and saw the light of the Two Trees.
You got the answer, but the Feanorian title is an alternative title of Lord of the Rings/The Red Book written in the Feanorian letters at the bottom of the title pages.

1. Dwarrow.
2. Westmarch.
3. Anorien.
4. Rumil.
5. Rivendell.
6. Old Man Willow should be glad to hear about
7. Wild Wood Demons.

Quote:
I was thinking Dwarrow, but can't see what else could be the acrostic itself. (Unless one is dwarrows and the other dwerrows - I think Tolkien once wrote that the plural could be either).
Hmm, I thought of this after I'd posted the clues. I considered adding an 's' clue but thought that the form without 's' may be allowable since that is how it appears in the Westron name for Khazad-dûm.

Last edited by Ardent; 04-30-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Ardent is offline   Reply With Quote