View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #52
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The movie Life of Pi is a superbly done adaptation of the book of the same name--and it isn't slavishly done. And even more stunning is the fact that the special effects and even the 3D support the story rather than supplanting it.

So modern technology can enhance a narrative. Just not in Jackson's hands apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Happily trailers are not representative as their basic raison d'ętre is to catch the attention of as many - or the right kind of - people as possible. So all the trailers of action films (which the Hobbit sadly seems to be) are even more packed with action than the real films as they have to convince the wannabe audiences they will get some reaallly hard and fast speed stuff to blow their minds off... they kind of pack the thick of the action scenes into a short music video kind of burst in trailers.
I wonder if they've ever considered that such trailers can turn people off? Or have done marketing surveys to suggest that they will get more money from those who want action flicks than from those who don't?