Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #1994
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I tried the Anor route too (and the Ior route, but I couldn't get Ori to fit royal authority!)

If coinage = coinage of a word/phrase, it could be anything. I tried thinking of terms used in Gondor, but couldn't think of any exclusive to Gondor. I've even wondered if we're looking for an element of Cockney slang!

I looked up money in Middle-earth and, apart from the various references to pennies, Gondor had a currency called the castar, one fourth of which was a silver coin called the tharni, and both these names of coins have Sindarin forms as well. Can't get any of these to make sense of "loiterers," though.

Tried "lira" and it didn't get me anywhere either. I dunno. Ducat? Drachma? Dinar? Peseta?

Also, I wonder if "disarray" is only pretending to be an anagram marker.

Edit: I wonder if southern could mean southern states of America, and refer to a turn of phrase connected with this part of the world.

Of course, I am probably dead wrong on all counts, as Squatter will gleefully inform me.

Last edited by Pervinca Took; 03-01-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Pervinca Took is offline   Reply With Quote