View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 04:10 AM   #240
Ivriniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ivriniel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Losing you here...don't give a stuff about Beren and Luthien ( or the drip and the canary as I call them in in my more charitable moments), but Idril is one of my favourites and her judgement is usually sound. But I am confused because Turgon's son in law was Tuor and grandson was Eärendil and was fond of both, Aredhel was his sister not his daughter in the published Sil at least. And I thought Celeborn was descended from Elmo.... bringing that crucial divine Muppet strain into Telerin bloodlines...
hahaha

I did love reading about Aredhel in Valinor. She was a really gung-ho, strong woman, and pretty gutsy. I shouldn't get too serious about Idril, except to say, I suppose if your cous who you're not into is giving you lecherous, creepy looks, you'd be a bit weirded out. Idril is pretty awesome, you have to say....Tuor was a very lucky guy. I love Idril's heraldic device--(but I'd have imagined, that she should have outed it all--the covert themes--so that they could have ironed out Maeglin [who had daddy issues] and help him grow truer. I'd have liked to see Idril chatting to Maeglin and matter-of-factly, without being a psycho, helped out with it all, if possible, and for Maeglin to have been mentored by warm, supportive others and set straight)

Still, *points at them all in Gondolin* you should all have just talked more openly and done something else. Fools the lot of you!
Ivriniel is offline   Reply With Quote