View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 02:00 PM   #444
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Silmaril

Coppermirror woke up in the middle of the night when somebody tapped politely on her door.

“Who is it?” she asked in a quavering voice, fearing the worst.

“Room service,” a rumbling voice called.

“Oh, okay,” Cop said and opened the door.
It was the Bear.

“Wait...? Where's the food?” Cop asked.

“Standing in front of me,” the Bear said.

Confused, Cop looked behind her. "But there's no one else here ... oh." Her face only had time to look crestfallen for a few fleeting seconds, before it was eagerly chewed off by the exasperated bear.

Meanwhile, the lions were busy. Chuckling, they leaped up the stairs, past the odd lump that was either sally or sally's straw-stuffed clothes and that was mourning over Kitanna's corpse (completely innocently, of course).

Not long after, they bounced back down carrying a squirming body. Throwing the body down on the ground in the kitchen, they stepped back to let it up.

"What? What's going on?" A trembling Gil asked.

"Why, it's time for breakfast!" The golden wolf replied cheerfully. "And as you are our resident baker, we thought you could do the honours."

"You want me to cook breakfast for you?" Gil queried. "That's it?"

Looking as if butter wouldn't melt in their mouths, the wolves smiled down at him. "Oh yes," they said, "that's it."

"Well, alright then." And Gil got to work.

He spent the better part of the night baking a beautiful, flaky pie crust, but when he reached for the mince, the silver lion stopped him.

“Oh no,” she said, smirking, “there's no need for that!”

“No offense, but I think I know best how to make a good pie,” answered Gil.

“We are sure you do,” grinned the golden lion.

“You'll make a good pie,” said the other.

In the morning, the patrons woke up to a lovely smell drifting upstairs. Hungry, they rushed to the tavern, and found a steaming hot pie on the table. There was a note:
Gil-Galad wishes you a good morning!
Thrilled by this turn of events, the customers dug into the beautiful pie and in no time at all the whole thing was gone.

"Where is Gil?" sally asked.

"Yes, where? I would love to say thank you for this lovely surprise." Eönwë added.

Thus began an inn-wide search for the mysteriously absent baker. A search that ended in the kitchen where, to the horror of all, the skin of the thing that had once been Gil was found, having been hastily tucked under the oven.

"Wait, if that's Gil's skin ... where's the rest of him?" Disbelieving eyes met across the room.

"No." Lommy whispered.
"The pie ..." Encai gasped.

As one, the patrons ran from the room. The slow rise of the sun was punctuated that morning by the sounds of desperate retching from nearly every room.

Dead:
Agan, moddess - slaughtered by lions on Night 1
Kath, moddess - mauled by bear on Night 1
skip spence, ordo - tasted the axe on Day 1
wilwarin538, Three-Eyed Raven - eaten by bear on Night 2
Galadriel55, ordo - murdered by lions on Night 2
Macalaure - Lannister lion - stabbed through on Day 2
Nerwen – ordo – interrupted by bear on Night 3
Volo – ordo – ripped apart by lions on Night 3
Kitanna, ordo - died under a bandwagon on Day 3
Coppermirror, ordo - snacked on by bear on Night 4
Gil-Galad, ordo - served to the Inn in a pie of his own making on Night 4