View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 02:53 AM   #31
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
I honestly had not thought of this, and it sounds really useful, but I am concerned about trusting the Dead Thread so much - what if they skew the vote? I don't think it's super likely, but all it would take is one wrong vote on the part of the Dead - maybe because of a wolf majority, maybe because of a lack of participation from the dead ordos, maybe from a misled and mistaken Dead - to deceive the whole village for, potentially, the rest of the game.
Meh, it won't deceive us for the whole game, because at some point a lover or Ranger will die and come back to the living and shed light on the Dead and what's been happening.

And if there is a majority of Baddies in the Dead Thread, then I'd say we don't need any help because that would mean we are winning handily at that point.

I mean, as long as we give the Dead good options I don't see why they wouldn't cooperate and help us. For instance, if we want to ask them to test the good/bad-ness of the last person we lynched, we just do something like this-
1) Players Y and Z agree to cast throwaway votes for two people not on the chopping block.
2) Tell Dead "If you find player X guilty give your bonus to player Y, if innocent give it to player Z. If you give it to neither of them then that is your right and we won't make assumptions."

That way if the Dead know something even more important and feel their bonus vote is needed to make the lynch go the right way they do not feel forced to follow our plan.

Has anyone else thought about this- passing messages between the Living and Dead? Any other ideas for how to do it? I think it's too useful not to consider.