View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #245
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
If I may ask...

what did I get plus marks for?
I give pluses whenever I find myself nodding and saying, "Yes, they have the measure of it and aren't flavoring the opinion with careful slant."

You received pluses because you kept being right. You weren't painting situations inaccurately, or trying to make them look scarier than they were, or hedging your bets, or trying to discredit ideas by discrediting a source... You didn't take a calculated approach to my plan proposal, but rather you saw precisely its potential and thought that others were downright suspicious for claiming we couldn't do it, or shouldn't attempt it, or that it was oppressive, you didn't try to over-simplify or complicate it etc. A Wolf would have a reason to be spooked and poke holes in a foreign idea that had the potential to hurt them down the road, but an innocent would simply see potential and decide that the opportunity should be grasped.

You didn't even feel that you had to trust me to employ the plan- you were willing to separate guilt from sound tactics, which showed a pure desire to win. Those threatened by the plan could try to weasel out of it by associating it with ME, and thus "We can't just trust Phantom therefore somehow that means something negative about the plan" where as you did not make that error. I also noted your reluctance to lynch Agan, which seemed sensible given her possible Gifted status.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I think a wolf kind of expects to be a highly likely Night pick, and confirming a wolf is among the best information we can get. So I think a werewolf would rather not be picked, and not the other way around.
I was trying to say there that even the most obviously guilty Wolf would have a reason to bait themselves as a Night pick. In this situation it would apply to you, if say you "revealed" now as the Ranger who had been biding his time to see what the false Seer was attempting. You would know such a reveal would be suspect but perhaps you do just well enough that we simply have to check you. OR it could apply to Rikae if she feels the real Seer is still alive on the thread and will probably reveal today (and possibly reveal her as a Wolf), thus she can insist she is the real one and we feel pressured to check her. Whereas if she wouldn't have revealed we might've been more likely to simply trust the Living Thread reveal and write her off as a WW and check someone more interesting. (Basically my statement was less immediately applicable and more hypothetical.)