View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #4
William Cloud Hicklin
Loremaster of Annúminas

William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvegil145 View Post
Well, I was not talking about Vairë the Valie, I was talking about Vairë (elf), wife of Lindo, the keeper of The Cottage of Lost Play.

And as for else, I was seeking an advice of how to render those names from Qenya and Gnomish to Sindarin and Quenya.

But anyway, thanks for the input.
I think I covered this in my post on the parallel thread: those "rules", even if they exist, certainly haven't bgeen sorted out by anyone! But it might help to sort out which BoLT names were Eldarissa and which Noldorissa; I believe the former is the default, and the latter only those characters who are explicitly Gnomes.

----

Vaire: I realize you were talking about the mistress of Mar Vanwa Tyalieva; my suggestion was that she was named for (or in honor of) the Valie.