View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 04:46 PM   #5
cellurdur
Shade of Carn Dűm

cellurdur has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
It's a bit of a flippant response, but I can argue from the Legendarium that Imrahil was the last generation this Elven blood was apparent to Elven eyes (the issue of mortality or lack thereof is dealt with by the posters above).

To wit: Imrahil's sister (the same generation as him) was Finduilas, who married Denethor, mother of Boromir and Faramir. As there is no remark regarding Boromir from any of the Elves in Rivendell or Lórien--or from Legolas himself, we must remark that the visibility of Elven blood in the line of Dol Amroth ended with Imrahil's generation.

I personally don't buy the Galdor and Mithrellas story. It doesn't make sense that Prince's of Dol Amroth would be the second greatest nobles in Gondor just based on having an elvish ancestor either.

Further elves and men have almost married several times like Turin and Finduilas, but it has never happened unless for some great purpose.

I think more likely than the Princes were close relatives to Elendil and descendants of Silmarien. The Elvish blood would come from Elros and their particularly Elvish lifestyle would explain why they kept the Elvish vigour and appearance longer than close relatives that moved away like Faramir/Boromir.
cellurdur is offline   Reply With Quote