Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 09:49 AM   #4474
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hmm. The line of Durin looks to only include four dwarves with R in their names, all of which I mentioned. Azaghâl of Belegost doesn't have an R. Bodruith, Lost Tales Lord of Belegost (later replaced by a nameless Lord of Nogrod) does, but with that B he doesn't anagrammate to anything suitable.

I mean, technically Nár is a 'royal dwarf', in the sense of 'royal guard' - he was Thror's companion when he went loopy. And I'm sure I remember RAN being the name of a Lost Tales character somewhere. But I doubt that's what you're after.

Looked at more loosely, practically every named dwarf is related to the royal line, so they could all be royal. Um... there's a dwarf called Borin (younger son of Nain II, apparently), which anagrams to ROBIN, either Smallburrow or Gamgee.

I can't shake the idea that A should be Adam Ant... and oh look, there's an ADAMANTA CHUBB, aka Mrs. Old Took.

Other than Aredhel, these all look to be Hobbit names (Faramir being Pip's lad)... but amusing though it would be, I can't find any evidence of an Aredhel Baggins, Boffin, or Proudfoot.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote