Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 04:06 AM   #6452
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
5 looks like an anagram, but also a soundalike; that makes me wonder if it's actual an anagram of 'fish' itself, since stacking synonym+anagram+sounds-like is pretty heavy. But... well, unless CHIPH is a famous Tolkien character I've forgotten, I can't do much with that.

2 looks like we just push two nicknames together. 'Geezer' can mean either 'man' or 'old man'; I wonder if this is a pop culture reference, though, rather than pointing to two Tolkien characters.

3 I have no idea. It looks like the sort of clue where the first half actually includes the name written straight, hidden in the words... but I can't see one in there.

4... 'disquiets a little' could indicate a slight anagram of a genre. 'Drama' nearly gives AMROD, but that's the best I can do (and that's not 'a little').

7... I really liked your 'Tar-' idea, Urwen, but the pronouns don't seem to work. 'Pastry' could mean a specific baked good, or the ingredient... ah. FILO pastry, endless, +I = FILI.

With BOFUR and FILI in place, the password could be a few things. Glanduin the river of Eriador seems unlikely; Glirhuin the mortal Harper at least gives a First Age connection. Goldórin (Telerin for 'Quenya') seems even less likely, and Gwathren (Sindarin, 'shadowy') doesn't say much.

So I'll have to go with GLIRHUIN for the password, and guess that they're all musicians (the dwarves in the Unexpected Party).

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote