View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 05:24 PM   #4153
Nacilme Mapare
Newly Deceased

Nacilme Mapare has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Another returnee re-joining the fellowship!

Greetings to you, my fellow wayfarers and travellers of Middle Earth!

I am Nacilme Mapare (which according to this lovely site should mean something like "seizer of victory" freely translated), but you may call me "Cilpa" or "Cil" or "Cili" if you so wish to. I am from the western corner of Northrhine-Westphalia, Germany and was once before a member of this lovely community (though under another name which sadly I cannot get myself to remember). Hence I would say I am not quite a new member but rather a returnee to these glorious halls. It's been a long, long time though and life and it's manifold adventures have made me stray off the path for quite some time. But due to the eagerly awaited Big River Rings Of Power production my passion for everything Tolkien has been vitally refueled and I am ever the more in awe of his works, wisdom and legacy.

My love for Tolkien and his stories started early. I was but 5 or 6 years of age when my father read The Hobbit to my twin sister and I and about 6 or 7 when we were first allowed to watch Ralph Bakshi's Lord Of The Rings movie (of which I was equally fascinated and terrified). Both first contacts with Tolkien's works are fond and cherished memories of mine! My sister and I watched the Bakshi movie a good dozen times (we literally couldn't stop, even thought we used to skip the ringwraith scenes because they gave me nightmares), we loved it (especially Legolas) so much! We even made our dad re-read The Hobbit to us a second and third time! Ah, ye good old times!

For our 13th birthday then we both got a copy of the Lord Of The Rings and in our high phase of Tolkien fanship we would soon learn that there were movies to be made of our most favourite work of literature at that time by a Mr. Peter Jackson we had never heard of back then. I still remember it vividly: We used to hang out at an internet café and read the news on an Elijah Wood fanpage (we knew and loved him form The Faculty). Can you imagine? We were thrilled! Not only was our favourite work of literature and childhood treasure The Lord Of The Rings being made into a movie, it would also star our at that time most favourite actor as the main character! If that's not an absolute bull's-eye stroke of fate I don't know what is!

The rest, I guess, is history. Ever since then my passion for anything Tolkien has only become stronger and more solid. And though there are phases of more and less active examination of Tolkien-related topics taking turns, my deep love, respect and fascination with his genius mind's creations will always and forever remain.

What more is there to say? Perhaps a bit more about myself. I am now 38 years of age, have since studied English language and literature (what else, eh?), became a bookseller and am still a lover of literature, languages and moving images (movies, tv shows, you name it). I'm a pc gamer at heart (also since early childhood) and Guild Wars 2 is my all-time favourite go-to mmorpg. My interests (beside the above mentioned literature, languages and moving images) and hobbies include music (I used to be and still am a huge fan of musical theater, I know whole shows by heart, and for three years now I'm a loyal BTS ARMY), mysticism/esotericism (including crystals, Tarot, Human Design and more), personality psychology and typology (such as MBTI) and so on. If you have any questions feel free to ask! I will be happy to satisfy your curiosity (within the limits of general decency that is of course)!

Having said this I am again greeting you warmly and I hope that I can make my renewed stay here worthwhile!

Meet you in Middle Earth,
Nacilme Mapare

Last edited by Nacilme Mapare; 08-08-2022 at 06:13 PM.
Nacilme Mapare is offline   Reply With Quote