View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 09:16 AM   #645
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I hear the last horn's dying call

I think I am most pleased with the raging against the dying of the light in the 3rd section. I am happy overall too. My main goal was to make the song dynamic and avoid falling into an endless dreary dirge for the whole thing, and I think it ebbs and flows enough that it still sounds alive.
Eeeeeeee (and apologies for not listening earlier). I really like it. It's long, but I like it. And you have managed to avoid the endless dirge, well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I wasn't sure how to best cut out the score at the end and played around with some alternate endings. This is another prime candidate (music starting from "No, Finrod"). There are a couple other variations too. What are your thoughts? Any preference?
I think the full version with the hard cut after the fanfare might be too abrupt; the single note in the "prime candidate" covers any gap in the singing better. My own first thought would be to extend the last note of the fanfare into the gap, to make it a "dying note"? But I don't know how that would actually sound, and to be fair I've only hummed it at this point.

Cripes, I need to start thinking about animation, don't I? The easy route is just to directly run-on from the end of Captivity and keep the prison backdrop, but it feels like a very long time not to change the scene. Um... I don't really have any other ideas, though. Is there another background that could fade in during parts of the song? I don't think the Throne of Day making an appearance would really work.

hS