View Single Post
Old 03-01-2003, 11:14 AM   #43
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Sting

A truly excellent post lindil. But I have to stand up for the Ñoldor.
Quote:
Hmm, despite being told it was doomed to failure? despite the regents of God saying 'you are going about it the wrong way'?
I think that this makes lots of sense but, so what? I think that for a race to advance, they need challenges. How else could we send a man on the moon, fly, if we not dare do things that seemed impossible to many. I think that the fact that they dared the impossible is worth something. How does someone knows that anyting is impossible if they don't dare and try to do it.
Quote:
Despite the fact that they followed another unrepentant murderer of kin to do it?
You would need a Fëanor to drive people away from a Paradise.
Quote:
The Vanyar waited for the green light from the Valar and struck when the time was right.
And the time was right because the Ñoldor waged war on him and kept him occupied.
Quote:
But no sooner is the War over than the last Sons of Fëanor [and actually I have a soft spot for these 2 but Maedhros should have listened to his younger brother] are up to their old kinslaying tricks!
I have to stand to my namesake. Maedhros gave his word, his word was his bond, he had to follow through to the end. He always, except the first Kinslaying, he gave them a chance to surrender the gems.
Quote:
If Holiness and blessedness are to be desired above the wisdom and valour, the noldorin attributes from the same passage [ and I think they are - being qualities of the mature spirit as opposed to the above mentioned wisdom and valour] which I would classify as 'of the soul' and by that meaning as some others do, the intermediate 'body' between the spirit and the flesh.
I think that you are right lindil, but I'm a Ñoldor at heart. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]