View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 07:36 PM   #11
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

A thousand apologies to you, BW! I am, unfortunately, a sucker to debates, especially historical and philisophical debates (if not on too high a level of thought); and, even more unfortunate is my very opinionated personality.

Lyta - I'm not sure about that, but I would not trust my judgement on it.

Thank you Child! I had heard he was a fantasy author, but did not know if he was even a contemporary of Tolkien.

Quote:
It seems likely to me that the anti-imperial themes in Tolkien's works, particularly as they relate to Númenor, are therefore quite deliberate
Ah, anti-imperial. Now it makes sense! Those words threw me for a loop, but now they make sense. As do many other things. I can see this as a recurring theme in both author's writings. Thank you Squatter! I have received what I asked for: a correction to my baseless opinion.

Quote:
Perhaps this is an insight into Tolkien's view of God.
To me it has always sounded very much like the God I've learned about all these years in Catholic school and Religious education! At least in one way he could be viewed that really takes all the greatest most wonderous aspects of Him and expresses them so beautifully and simply!

Woops. Away from the topic. At least I have stuck to Tolkien, though, this time. Does anyone know for sure when exactly the forward was published as a part of the novel? Now I'm really just curious. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote