View Single Post
Old 06-28-2002, 07:31 AM   #19
Pallando
Wight

Pallando has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! thats it I'm dropping french so i can learn quenya!!!! grrrr...

Ok so far i make ur question to be...
(i can't find a translation for "Ya") exatled or lofty did Aragorn (i take it you mean him since his nickname is capitalized rather than just meaning "hope") and the Halfings can't find translation for the rest. So, im guessing its somethimg about Aragorn, the hobbits and the Nazgul. The only encounter between all of them was at Weathertop. Perhaps you are asking how they kept the Ringwraiths away. That was with fire. hmmm i can't think of many other questions you might ask, but i do now i just made it a HECK of alot easier on the next person in case i did get it wrong. gee whiz... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
LOL!!!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lin, you are partally correct. Amon Sul. BTW, "Ya arta did Estel ar tara Periannath fuume at, iire tara Kormaorme[3] (tara Nazgūl) ohtacyr?" means "What fort did Estel[1] and the Halflings[2] sleep at, when the Ringwraiths (the Nazgūl) attack?"

Your turn!

[1] Aragorn
[2] Hobbits
[3] The accual words that "ring" and "wraiths" transfer into if you want to use a diffrent name aside from "The Ring-wraiths", "Wraiths", and "The Nazgūl".
Pallando is offline   Reply With Quote