View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 08:18 AM   #362
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
The pause is an arbitrary length between the end of one recording and the start of another. We can make it as long or short as is pleasing and/or makes sense with the visuals.
I'd say it's a bit long at the moment; watching the 2014 show, Cur's part comes almost immediately after Finrod's long note finally fades off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Part of why Cur's part sounds quiet is that it's a transition from a multi-instrument fff to a mere couple-instrument f. I clearly did not spend enough time listening to these in sequence, it sounded moderately loud without the comparison. If you like it, I'll leave it as is, or give the first downbeat a little more strength. I did deliberately take out some jazzy details I had initially, going for a simpler start to allow the vocals to stand out more (this is also what a bunch of the performances do), but the volume was not really thought out. Let me know what you prefer there for singing to it, or for the feel in general.
Given that it wasn't deliberate, I have no qualms about suggesting making it stronger/louder. ^_~

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote