View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 09:24 AM   #390
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have to speak up about the last one. I think that the concept is really cool - I wasn't sure how you'd do it, and a minimalistic background of Morgoth's face is really scary. But I highly recommend shifting Sauron's position or proportion (or maybe have either him or Morgoth fade in compared to the other). The face in the background is counterintuitive and takes a second to spot, because of its size. The connection that I made on automatic was... Sauron is doing Asian dance with fans and flowers. O.o It's like those illusion drawings with two pictures in one. It took a reframing of what I'm seeing to spot the face, and I know what this is about. Getting Sauron's hands away from Morgoth's eyes would go ways to breaking the ambiguity - I can see it either as shifting him physically away, or doing a fade in animation for either him or Morgoth (e.g. start with Morgoth's scary face, and have Sauron fade in, then Morgoth fade out, and you're left symbolically with a Sauron who is revelling under Morgoth's rule, or something. Or keep Sauron and fade in the face). Or maybe have one shrink as the other grows. Dunno. You would have a better idea of what to actually do with this, but I had to point this out early. And again, the idea itself is amazing, I wouldn't change it for the full body Morgoth. It just came out ambiguous.

I think Morgoth's hands made sense. They shouldn't be covered, because then the Silmarils scorching his flesh would be weird to draw and get the point across.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 01-27-2021 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Fixing typos
Galadriel55 is online now   Reply With Quote