View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 07:41 AM   #398
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I totally did not expect that line placing for the last Minion stanza (upon our border), I thought it would be a nervous little voice over the quiet part just before where you sing "unidentified intruders", as a continuous piece. But this version is a lot cooler! I wanna incorporate that.

What if they go:
- Oh my Lord?...
- Oh my Lord?...
- Oh my Lord, upon our border etc.

Or, I could even fill up the quiet part with more sounds, and then keep the spacing as you have in this version. I love this idea. I'll see if I can get any trial recordings done before the weekend is out. Bonus points if I can figure out a way to make Sauron yawn.
I'm fine either way; I just put it in where the music seemed to fit! You sing it, and I'll add my own voice if I can make it sound good.

(Incidentally: in my head the masked minion is Draugluin, while the veiled one is Thuringwethil. Not sure about the generic one at the back; perhaps Tevildo has fallen on hard times.)

Quote:
In the meantime, I did a bit of volume adjustment / smoothing over. HOWEVER, in the middle of the process my earphones failed me: one side stopped working. For some reason earphones don't transmit pitch and timbre symmetrically, so listening through only one side is lopsided, some instruments are too loud or too quiet. And my backup earphones are also lopsided. So I am not actually sure how this turned out, I'll have to wait to get my tech in order before I sign off on this. But if you don't notice the bass or the whistles overwhelming everything else, it's probably okay.
I have listened with my nonmusical ears and it sounds fine.

Quote:
I noticed the intro doesn't have a song number. Is that in anticipation of putting all the clips into a single run?
Laziness. ^_^ Adding the title screens is a separate step, so I haven't bothered with this draft copy. I'll get it all nicened up when we've finished it.

Quote:
We should think of how to sing this. The plural of Minions means we can have many people/voices, which gives several cool possibilities. I'm happy to at some point provide a high voice and middle harmony (why not). You have a good sycophantic Minions impression too, I love the way you contrast them with Sauron. We can mix and match? I will ask Elanor if she wants to send in a contribution too, but as she still hasn't recorded Meeting I'm not sure how this is gonna go.
Feel free to ask her! But I think it would work fine if you did a couple versions of you and I spliced in one Smeagolly me to bulk it out a bit. My assumption is that once we've got a full version of the musical, we'll find other cast members and record a full second version with no/few repeat voices (& probably with redesigned characters just for kicks).

Quote:
This is neat! I love Finrod's appears to the camera-Nargothrond. Curufin is so full of douche he's about to burst. This is wonderful. I cracked up at him mocking "we're bound in Song", and the wave at the end. And Celegorm's "Won't you go along" - simply fabulous. :-D
That wave is my favourite moment of the entire video. ^_^ I've also discovered that my phone camera would be wildly better for this than the webcam, so At Some Point (TM) I may redo the Renunciation. And if I can find my black cloak, the Duel is right there waiting...

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote