Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 03:21 PM   #10700
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
FAREWELL: Food storage source, albeit deep? So long! (Farewell sweet earth and northern sky)
INN: Palindromic dwarf? Different nasal and a shuffle produces a place of mirth. (There is an inn, a merry old inn)
RISING: Wax lyrical, grain! One hopes it’s happening to bread. (Out of doubt, out of dark, to the day's rising)
SHINY: Glistening part of a leg – wherefore, we hear? (When Bilbo found that shiny ring)*
THEODEN: Song comes between article and element for him. (Arise now, arise, Riders of Théoden!)

LÓRIEN: A well-governed Dashwood is nonetheless in turmoil here. (In Dwimordene, in Lórien)
IRON: Press this substance. (Ere iron was found or tree was hewn)
NOSE: Organ of negative direction. (I sit on the floor and pick my nose)**
EYES: Pluralise a palindrome that sounds like another. They’ll stare you in the face. (Day is ended, dim my eyes)
SUN: Oswald Alving craved it. The last thing he ever craved. (West of the Moon, East of the Sun)

* From 'Frodooooo of the Niiiiiine Fingerrrrrrrs, and the Ring of Dooooooom.'
** From the parody of 'I sit beside the fire and think' in 'Bored Of The Rings.'