View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #229
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Silmaril

Ravion turned to Erebemlin and Taitheneb, but their eyes were glassy and their hearts were as stone, and he turned from them with a shudder, and sought out Raefindan.

"She cannot take him down the falls alone."

Raefindan nodded. "I know this." Yet he too was steeped in grief.

Mithrellas came forward, and strode to Nimrodel. "I shall aid you."

Now Indil stepped forward. "As will I, lady. You are young again. And very pretty."

A slight laugh answered the child's voice; but Nimrodel shook her head. "Take a moment, and heal the elves, and the redhaired man. I will need all of your strength."

She turned to the ranger. "Ravion. Once, three boats departed Lorien, carrying mortals in great danger. One remains. Can you not bring it to me?"

Startled, Ravion turned to look at the far side of the little pool. Far across the Anduin, at the foot of the Emyn Muil, he was surprised to see a small grey elven boat. In the boat, Mellonin paddled it swiftly hither; or was it Avarien? He called to her, and waved. She turned it towards him, and drew near.

"They endure the east wind, but do not ask tidings of it," she said grimly. "So this boat has lain hidden these long years."

Ravion shook his head in wonder and bewilderment, and turned to Nimrodel. "Your boat, lady, " he said. Beside them on the little stream, a boat shimmered like the mist; or was it a leaf floating past? Beneath the leaves, a school of little silver trout flickered by, and swam towards the little fall that led downward toward the sea.

"I am afraid, " said Liornung.

"Sing with me, " said Bella. "She needs us, too."

From the mouths of the Sea the South Wind flies, from the sandhills and the stones;
The wailing of the gulls it bears, and at the gate it moans.
‘What news from the South, O sighing wind, do you bring to me at eve?
Where now is Amroth the Fair? He tarries and I grieve.’
‘Ask not of me where he doth dwell-so many bones there lie
On the white shores and the dark shores under the stormy sky;
So many have passed down Anduin to find the flowing Sea.
Ask of the North Wind news of them the North Wind sends to me!’
‘O Amroth! Beyond the gate the seaward road runs south,
But you came not with the wailing gulls from the grey sea’s mouth.’

Liornung sang with Bella, and it seemed to bring him comfort. Ędegard and Argeleafa knew parts of the song, and sang hesitantly. Mellonin sang, softly, but she wept as she sang. And for Ravion and Raefindan, the grief was still to near.

Last edited by mark12_30; 03-03-2010 at 08:49 PM.