Old 11-20-2004, 11:13 AM   #25
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
There is a discontinuality between my post and Kransha's

Mine was written with the following in mind;

Quote:
“Command the entire rearguard to enter the city by any means they can find,” he said, directing the sentence at Belegorn, “including the main gate. Do not fight the foes in Fornost, if possible, and tell them to search the ruins for survivors. When all have been brought together, we shall rally at the gates. The city is to be evacuated.”
I need to know whether:

a)After Hírvegil gave his instructions to Belegorn, the latter goes on to make the arrangements as ordered and also analyse the situation to give his input. Everybody meets at the gates (west or not) and charges.

or

b)After Hírvegil gave his instructions to Belegorn, everybody immediately heads down to the gate and charges into the foray. Arrangments and no plans seem to be made.

kransha's post does appear to indcate b). If we are going along with B, then I will be making an alternative first post. However there are some issues that needs to be addressed:

1. Did everybody in the regiment hear Hírvegil's loud orders and subsequently joined in the immediate sortie? A line of over 800 men can stretch on for quite a distant.

2. Is every guardsman equiped with their field marching equipment and rations?

3. Does individual company COs and NCOs privy to Hírvegil's plans and understands what needs to be done?

4. What are the exact plans? Whom to be evacuated? How to comb the lower city with the overwhelming enemy presence?

5. How would Gaeredhel, Mitharan and Rôsgollo fit into the sortie if it was directed to the guardsmen around Hírvegil and Belegorn only?

[Kransha[/b] - I am now writing my alternative first post that correlates well with yours. Can you tell me what are my parameters or till which extent will my post cover? Thanks!

I love planning threads. it's good to sort things out before hand, no?

Last edited by Saurreg; 11-20-2004 at 11:21 AM.