View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 03:20 PM   #23
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Oooh, I show up just a tad late and so much has happened! This is all so very interesting to read, great job everyone...impressive...

Quote:
I think that the impulse to 'keep it simple' expressed by Durelin is a good one -- for that reason I would think it best to keep things 'strictly' Elves and avoid all Easterlings etc.
Quote:
If we wished to expand, we could have orcs played – or humans. The easterlings were known to join the orcs, and to have some of these Haradrim played would increase the diversity of the game.
I actually really like the idea of having easterlings as well. It seems more diverse, as Aman mentioned and it also allows potential players to have a medium between elves and orcs. It would be more appealing for them to be able to choose and have a variety with which to create their character.

Fordim! Your idea is excellent! I love the confrontation idea, in general. Keeping the Houseless not only out of their friends, but also out of themselves...also your idea of the memories giving off a warning seems a very good way to get the orcs back into the picture. However, this would shift the focus almost entirely on the Elves, meaning that the whole game until the end with the battle would leave the orcs with nothing to do. Unless we wanted them to just post about their movements, or have some internal argument over something, the orcs wouldn't have anything to do. This could be where the easterlings could come in handy, perhaps? Fights, etc? In any case, even if the orcs were minor characters we'd have to bring them in late in the game if it was all about getting the Houseless out of the Elves.

*takes a breath* Whoo, we really are getting along quickly here, eh? This already sounds really promising!

-Aylwen

Edited because I was a meanie.

Last edited by Aylwen Dreamsong; 02-24-2004 at 04:42 PM.