View Single Post
Old 11-25-2002, 06:50 PM   #39
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel sighed and looked around the Inn. She saw a person looking nearly as melancholy as she felt. She walked over.

"Mae govannen," she said to the stranger, "I am Menelduliniel. What are you called?"

"I am Susan," the girl said, still looking fairly depressed.

Menelduliniel sat next to the girl.

"You do not look to be having much fun either," she said.

"I am fine," Susan said. She seemed to not want to speak. That was just too bad for her, for Menelduliniel needed to speak to someone.

"Ai, well, that is well," Menelduliniel sighed, "I just had a fight with my travelling companion. We always fight."

"Yes, I think I heard you two," Susan said.

"Really?" Menelduliniel said, speaking all the while very quickly, "I did not think we were that loud. And we were outside as well. I am from Mirkwood. Well, I was. I no longer reside there. Not much my choice, however. I have been travelling for the past years. Estelarion and I generally travel around to inns and just look for adventures. We were in Harad for a while. The Inns there are the most enjoyable. The music there is amazing. And the dancing...while I admit I am no expert, I picked it up pretty well. It is always fast dancing. And I met up with the Huin-en-Lhuig. They are the best artists I have ever heard. Estelarion and I travelled with them for a while. We all played instruments. They are all exiles as well. Did I mention that I was exiled? Ai, well, there are some things in all of our pasts that we are not proud of, right? I am over it though. Well, not over what I got exiled over, but over what I did to get exiled, if you understand what I mean. I mean, I should not have been exiled. It was an accident. Well, it was not an accident, but they did not necessarily not deserve it. All right, maybe the fact that they were marrying him was not a reason, but it was the only option at the time. You do not think I am a bad person, right? I did not think so. I loved him. Was that wrong? I think he loves me. True, he never even spoke to me, but that means nothing right? I mean, we still have a chance. Estelarion says that I am crazy, but I can still have hope, right? That is was estel means, hope, so you would think that he would have more hope for me than that. But no, he says that I should move on and get over him. But, you know, it is hard to get over one you love. But, Estelarion is wise and I suppose he knows best. I hate to admit it too. He is older than I am, though, and has been through more. If it were not for him, I would be dead or worse by now. He is my best friend. I cannot even begin to tell the endless ways he has aided and saved me. I do not know if I should give up hope, though. Do you think I should listen to Estelarion?"

Menelduliniel finished speaking and looked at Susan, who gave her a fairly surprised expression.