View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 06:22 PM   #30
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Silmaril MINAS TIRITH: Mellonin

Mellonin considered Ravion. "Welcome, sir, to the Seventh Star. I'd offer you a seat but it seems you've found one; although you might prefer something that thrashes less?"

Ravion gave Mellonin a cold stare. She turned her attention to his captive. "These rangers... Very difficult to argue with, aren't they? Especially when they've had an ale or two. I don't envy you in the least."

Ravion's gaze softened just a little. She looked back at him. "Can I get you an ale, sir? Assuming you're quite comfortable?"

"Not very. But I'll take the ale." He fished a coin out of his pocket, and tossed it to Mellonin.

She turned back to the thief. "And you? Are you going to buy a drink as well?"

The lad glared at her and shook his head. "Up to you, " Mellonin said. "But sir, if you wouldn't mind waiting just a little for that ale--"

Ravion looked up at her, with a slight shrug. She disappeared out the door.

"All right. You can let me up now, " Faran said.

"I don't have my ale," said Ravion.

Mellonin returned carrying a bucket and said, "Perhaps if you shift him so his head is outside the door--"

Raefindan and Ravion shared a quick grin. Ravion caught Faran by one arm and Raefindan took the other, and Faran kicked in protest while they dragged him outside. Then they held him down again, and Mellonin slowly and carefully poured the bucket of icy well-water over the lad's head.

Last edited by mark12_30; 03-23-2004 at 06:36 PM.