View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #114
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe What troubled times we live in ...

In the hope that it may assist, I will lay out my conclusions so far.

The strongest evidence, such as it is, to my mind points to Feanor of the Peredhil and Anguirel. They have been the most vocal, and (significantly) the most mutually supportive, in their accusations. They have both pointed their (nocturnally clawed?) fingers at the efforts of this humble servant of justice to apply logic and calm reasoning to the horrific situation in which we find ourselves.

Now, the Werewolves have the most to gain from making rash accusations and seeking to direct the blame from themselves. But mayhaps that would be a foolish strategy as, by doing so, they simply attract attention to themselves. So they are not yet fully condemned in my mind.

But what of the others?

Oddwen made a quick accusation (and voted without any evidence to support her vote) and then retreated into the background to be heard no more. Could that represent good lupine tactical thinking?

Primrose Bolger, mormegil, Mithalwen and bilbo_baggins all seem to be to be genuine in their attempts to solve the mystery. But could their seeming innocence be a tactical façade?

Kuruharan and the phantom have added the odd observation but otherwise kept quiet. That seems out of character for both of them. Are they laying low in the hope and waiting to feast themselves on more innocent flesh tonight?

I believe Firefoot’s reasons for being unable to contribute to the debate until recently. Other than that, we have nothing but hearsay to accuse her on. That, of course, does not establish her innocence.

Curse these troubled times when we may trust no one but ourselves.

As for me, I admittedly made accusations with little basis to start with. But that was in the context of an immediate accusation from Feanor on the whim of naught but a noise in the night (which now, seemingly, appears to have been Anguirel’s doing). Since then, I have remained vocal, but this has been directed towards flushing out the culprits. I leave it to others to decide whether my attempts in this regard have been genuine.

Currently the voting stands:

1 vote for Firefoot
2 votes for Anguirel
2 votes for me

I for one will not vote for anyone where there is no firm evidence indicating their guilt. Alas, there is not much evidence at all. Yet we must vote. And so I come back to my initial conclusion that the strongest evidence (circumstantial though it is) points to Feanor and Anguirel. I am tending towards Anguirel, but will continue to reserve judgement for now.

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 05-13-2005 at 07:09 PM. Reason: To edit a typo (influence/innocence)
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote