View Single Post
Old 10-05-2003, 10:46 PM   #411
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Her connection with Hanasian was of some importance, but Hanasian's absence is not insurmountable even we do miss Snowdog's wonderful contributions. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hanasian was the first and singular authority figure that she trusted. That trust bond was strong enough for Vanwe to consider offering Hanasian all she knew of her mother.

I had planned to use that bond as impetus for Vanwe to choose to throw her lot in with Hanasian's Ranger companions later on into the story. Now I will have to find a way for Vanwe to build a bond with another character at some later point.

I anticipate doing this once Vanwe reaches Imladris. She narrowly avoids Kaldir, only to fall into the waiting watch over Imladris. Elladan and Elrohir will naturally wish to question her, particularly as she seems to be in cohoots with her mother. She will also encounter her father for the first time there.

In short, it will be a tumultuous time for the Elf and those friendships will be one of the few things that will help her find her way through.

My sketchy thoughts on this have Vanwe forging a deeper bond with Lespheria at Imladris (something I had planned on doing all along) and also forming a bond with another Ranger. Otherwise, the prospect of joining a group of Rangers would be too implausible for Vanwe to consider. She has learnt to avoid those in power, for they can hurt to most. Such is her lesson from the Haradwaithe.

Hence the friendship with one Ranger will be instrumental in Vanwe moving past this as she needs to if she is to make her life in the North.

Does that help?

Nerindel, great profile. Nice to meet Dulrain. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight