View Single Post
Old 07-13-2002, 08:11 PM   #184
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Mithadan came over to Child as she stood on the deck. He questioned her about the hobbits' meeting with Idril and what she had spoken to them. Then Child showed him the small, torn scroll which she had secured about her waist on a special belt. Mithdan looked at it thoughfully and noted the signature in bold red letters.

"We will have to be careful in Beleriand where we go and whom we speak with. I certainly wouldn't want to encounter Morgoth as we are not outfitted for war. We have neither the manpower or the provisions. I will need to speak with Piosenniel about this, since it could affect the course we plot."

He continued, "I am hopeful that Veritas will be able to make some modifications to our nautical device so we can get reasonably close to where we need to go. But even with those modifications, there would be considerable risk."

"There is one more matter. A scroll emblazoned with such a name as this should not be carried casually about your waist. It needs to be stored in the small, locked chamber for valuables which stands near the helm."

"Rose also mentioned what happened to your papers. You undoubtedly misplaced your belongings, but, just to be certain, we must be particularly cautious."

Child did not reply to Mithadan's conjecture that her paper had been merely lost. She knew that was not the case. However, she agreed with him that a safer holding place was needed for the scroll.

Child followed Mithadan up to the small chamber for valuables located near the helm. She placed the scroll inside the chamber with her own hands, and watched Mithadan close the and lock the door.

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]