View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #466
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Oh! Fea! I didn't know you were even considering writing!
I wasn't. Elempi accidentally convinced me it was a good idea.

Quote:
Take Saeryn while you're here if you want to.
I don't. I mean, I do, a little, for old times' sake, you know? But not really. She's yours now, and you're doing an amazing job with her (I just read the Scarburg thread), and I had no idea how fun it was going to be to read somebody else's rendition of a character I started. I'm totally caught up in her story and I'm dying to find out what's been going on in her life. Her brother's dead?! She's injured!? She went back to the Folde!? Seriously, I'm absolutely delighted, and can't wait to see what you write next. I completely trust you, and I'm stoked to see where you take her. I'm so glad she's being written at all, much less by somebody as good at it as you.

Quote:
Maybe you could tell us what happened to Degas.
Speaking of that, I was joking with Elempi via PM about him showing up with some vim and vigor and scoping out the ladies and Elempi reminded me of Linduial and I was like . I'd completely forgotten that entire series of events.

So I went back and reread the whole Linduial-kidnapping mini-RPG and was in shock that we wrote that like two years ago. Now I'm reacquainting myself with characters and pondering who I want to have stop by. I was reading what I'd written for Lin's brothers and was like "Oh, Farahil, you're so dreamy..." Me and sailor boys... Really, how can you go wrong with a character modeled after Faramir, a pirate, and a ninja? Heh...

If I bring in Degas, he won't know anything about what's happened in the Folde, so it would be completely legit for me/him to inundate Saeryn/you with questions about what's been happening in her life.

And it might be easier for her to spill to her twin than to Eodwine.

And I think - you're welcome to say "Um, Fea... no." - that it would be fascinating for me to play off of your Saeryn, and perhaps fun for you?

If no, I'll bring in a temp character instead of revisiting an old one.

*pretends I wasn't writing these characters when I was in high school*

Ouch, I feel old.