View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #206
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I believe Elrond says something to the effect of "If Sauron came with all his mihgt not even Tom Bombadil could outlast him.
That might have said in the context of Bombadil actually accepting guardianship of the Ring. What if the Free and Wise, thinking desperately, threw the Ring into the Old Forest. Tom may not have stopped the Nine from coming in and claiming it, as he wasn't really concerned about the whole issue (Eru, as Tom, knows how the song ends, and so what if Sauron gets the Ring?).

Quote:
and the cube bit what I was saying was disproving one theory doesn't make another more valid.
Understood, though I was a bit intrigued about the cubic earth.

Quote:
Bombadil almost seem to the Old Forest what Galadriel is to Lorien.
Another, to me, piece of evidence that somehow Tom effects things more than naturally.

Quote:
and I think I'll delete my last post, mostly out of ander the tone is unbecoming of the downs
But you were perfectly right in calling my tone "obnoxious," as, though I didn't intend it as such (meaning it to be more playfully challenging), it could have and was taken as that. So I apologize, and also thank you for pointing that out to me.