View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well, that was quite silly, as in, the dialogue didn't make very much sense, but I liked it. Apart from pulling off epic stuff very well, the thing I like about Jackson&co are this kind of scenes where affection or goodwill between characters is shown. (One of the things I genuinely enjoy about the movies is that PJ seems to be propagating that guys can talk about their feelings or hug or even kiss without it being gay/weak/girly. There was even a thread about that once, I think.)

I'm kind of thinking that if someone could take all the material from all the LotR (and apparently Hobbit) movies and the extended editions and liberally cut them, they would actually make surprisingly good adaptations of the books.

edit: The thread is here and it was actually started by me. There are quite good posts there, I recommend checking it out.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 08-29-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote