View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 09:31 PM   #83
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Shield

Ok: i have many favorites, but I'lll post a few: Frodo: What do you want? Aragorn: A little more caution from you, that is no trinket you carry. Frodo: I carry nothing.
Aragorn: Indeed! I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift.
I really don't know why, but every time I see that scene I start cracking up at the expression on Frodo's face aand everybody gives me strange looks. Hehe [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I just love this quote by Legoals, (it is definitely one of my favorite quotes by him.) which shows his rare humor (lol), and somebody typed out part of it, but not the whole thing, so here it is:'Well, here is the strangest riddle that we have yet found!' exclaimed Legolas.'A bound prisoner escapes from both the orcs and from the surrounding horsemen. He then stops, while still in the open, and cuts his bonds with an orc- knife. But how and why? For if his legs were tied, how did he walk? And if his arms were tied, how did he use the knife? And if neither were tied, why did he cut the cords at all? Being pleased with his skill, he then sat down and quietly ate some waybread! That at least is enough to show that he is a hobbit, without the mallorn-leaf. After that, I suppose, he turned his arms into wings and flew away singing into the trees. It should be easy to find him: we only need wings ourselves!'

Frodo: No one knows it's here. Do they? Do they, Gandalf?

Pippin: What's that?
Merry: This, my friend, is a pint.
Pippin: It comes in pints? I'm getting one!
Sam: You've had a whole half already! (i like that- but not for the punchline- I love the look of amazing pride in Merry's face when he tells Pippin that he's got a pint- it's so funny!)

Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop till nightfall.
Pippin: What about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevensies? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it. (There too- the expressions crack me up)

I feel thin... sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread. (It's not funny when you think about it- but I always get this mental image of a bunch of trolls tryin to scrape Bilbo evenly over this giant piece of bread. I dunno.

I thought it was funny in FotR when Pippins like: here come's cousin Frodo, the Lord of the Ring! and Gandalf answers with somethings like: Frodo is not the Lord of the Ring, he sits on the dark throne of Barad- Dur, and does not share his power, to which Pippin answers with something like: O gandalf has been saying plenty of cheerful things like that lately,and I thougth it was pretty funny.

The first time I saw FotR lots of people in the audience were talking, so I thought that when at the council of Elrond Aragorn says: Havo dad, Legolas, he said: You act bad, Legolas, which sorta suprised me as being out of the usual for Middle-Earth language. It was kinda funny when I read the script online to see the mistake. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Pippin: Are we lost? Merry: No Pippin: I think we are Merry: Shhh. Pippin: Merry. Merry: What? Pippin: I'm hungry

Arwen: What's this? A Ranger, caught off his guard? (No seriously, I think Aragorn isn't as good as it's meade out. I mean, come on, no matter whether she was an Elf or not, and no matter, how Elvish her horse was, if she could sneak up on him while riding a horse with bells, wow, Middle-Earth Men must be really out of whack.)

Gandalf: If in doubt, Meriadoc, always follow your nose.

Sam: Trust a Brandybuck and a Took.

[While being chased by farmer maggot]
Merry: I don't know why he's so upset. It's only a couple of carrots.
Pippin: And some cabbages. And then those three bags of potatoes we lifted last week, and, and, the mushrooms, the week before.
Merry: Yes, Pippin, my point is, he's clearly over reacting. Run!

[Merry and Pippin are leading the orcs away from Frodo]
Pippin: It's working!
Merry: I know it's working. Run!

Bilbo: No, thank you. We don't want any more visitors, well-wishers, or distant relations.

Frodo: Before you came along, we Bagginses were very well thought of.
Gandalf: Indeed?
Frodo: Never had any adventures or did anything unexpected.
Gandalf: If you're referring to the incident with the Dragon, I was barely involved. All I did was give your uncle a little nudge out of the door.

I know its kinda long, but here it is.