View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 12:22 PM   #54
Luinalatawen
Wight

Luinalatawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luinalatawen
Along with fantasy, I love the Medieval and Renaissance eras so I've always wanted some sort of dress or outfit that fits into one or more of those categories. My mom told me she'd make me one probably a year or so ago but we never got around to finding patterns and fabric. Plus, I didn't think I'd be able to decide exactly what I wanted! But this past November we finally got out to a craft store and found tons of options. I wanted a Rohan/Eowyn style dress, a simple Medieval gown with long sleeves, and a Renaissance skirt/top. I decided on a more Renaisssance style outfit. So far, my mom has completed the skirt and a basic tunic-type shirt. I chose a dark maroon/burgundy, a light rose, and a dark green for the colors. Since I'm away at college, I don't know if she's finished the bodice yet. I picked a very customizable pattern, which includes different tie-on sleeve options, so I chose the long, bell-sleeves. I can't wait until I get to try on my completed costume, hopefully it'll be sometime soon

I almost forgot - she made me a long black hooded cape also! Still just the bodice that needs to be completed. There's supposed to be around 100 eyelets for laces on it! My mom estimated the full project to cost somewhere around $150.