View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 11:04 AM   #59
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendė
You could have a look for some UK web-based shops, as there seems to be rather a lot of fake 'vintage' around at the moment, and lots of it is in the sales too. Lots of strange floaty things, coupled with nice hobbity tweeds, and when worn the right way quite interesting!

Was it that long ago I made my cloak? Since then I have also bought a rather lovely velvet cloak; it was double sided and so thick and soft that I just had to have it. So now I have two cloaks, but alas, I don't have the nerve to wear them outdoors...
Thanks for the suggestion, and the "note" of hope-- when things go out of style, they arrive in the thrift shops-- HURRAH! I shall begin haunting the mathom-houses...

Regarding wearing cloaks outdoors-- wear them on brief walks, or out to check the mail, or out walking the dog if you have one. You'll get used to it. Also-- wear them with normal clothes, with a pair of boots. (Wearing a full costume takes a lot more nerve than just wearing "a nice full coat with no sleeves.") When Raefindel sent me my lovely, wonderful, new-favorite long green cloak, I wore it out in the front garden and ran around and played tag with my dog. (It moves beautifully!)

Last edited by mark12_30; 03-16-2005 at 05:18 AM. Reason: seplling
mark12_30 is offline   Reply With Quote