View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 03:46 AM   #126
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"So lay still while I have my friend come and patch you up. And don't think of running away for I shall be right here with her!" the elf shouted. Even in such a desperate situation, Jen was slightly amused. Running away? In this condition? She moved her arm a bit and a new wave of pain flashed over her. Run away... where would I even go? she wondered, closing her eyes.

She heard steps approaching her. The patcher? She opened her eyes. No way, that's an angry dwarf! The dwarf started shouting at the girl. She looked away, but his words still echoed around. "In my eyes you are lower than a cursed orc, grovelling in the sunlight. Have you no moral fibre? There is a reason we are put on the good earth, not to kill and burn, the tools of the Enemy!"

She felt her anger and frustration rising. Moral fibre? Better dead or suffering than lacking a moral fibre? She was too devastated to shout, and she only managed to mutter: "Maybe everyone does not have the chance to choose their path." But it seemed no one was listening to her.

Then another dark shape appeared between her and the starlight sky, bowing over her. This was a slender young woman, also very beautiful and, Jen thought, there was something unnatural in her eyes. Another elf?

Without a warning, the woman pressed her fingers to the girl's wound. She swallowed a scream of pain. I won't scream or cry in front of these people, she told herself, I won't scream. Jenfried felt the woman put something cool and soothing to her wound, but she didn't know what it was. Maybe she's poisoning me to end my suffering or to get rid of me...?