View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #87
Ibrīnišilpathānezel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ibrīnišilpathānezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Ibrīnišilpathānezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I can see that would be a nice break. I'm 55 and self-employed, so whatever the weather, if work has to be done, it has to be done.

I'm sure your hills are bigger than ours, but we get our share of idiots during bad weather, especially when it's early in the season. You'd think that people who have lived here all their lives would remember how to drive in snow, but every year, way too many have to learn all over again -- and that with only an inch or two of snow. Once we've had a few falls under our belts (or tires), they learn. Some years, we hardly have any snow at all, last year we broke all records, this year, we're on a pace to beat last year -- and at that, I'm glad we don't live on the other shore of Lake Michigan. They get the horrendous lake effect snows, which we only get if the wind is out of the east or northeast. Thank goodness for prevailing westerly winds!